Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fruits Basket (フルーツバスケット)

fruits basketFruits Basket is another one of my favorite anime and manga of all time. I first watched it on TV years ago but it was dubbed in Chinese. Recently, I re-watched it again (Japanese dubbed, English subbed). It's touching as ever and fond memories flood my mind. ♥fruits basket 1Fruits Basket has a nice mix of humor and drama. With all the different personalities and the different signs of the Chinese Zodiac, there is always someone to associate with. I love the interaction between the various characters. I love the personalities of almost all the characters. At the same time, I am also saddened by the heartbreaking past of many of the characters. I am especially touched when I read about Momiji's past. I cried uncontrollably. All these and more are what make Fruits Basket so good.momiji sohmaPlot:Tohru Honda is a 16 year old orphaned girl. Feeling sorry for her and desperate to end their bachelor days of filthy living conditions, Yuki Sohma and Shigure Sohma offer her their spare room in exchange for her cooking and housework. After a landslide buries her tent, she has no option but to accept.Tohru soon discovers Sohma family's secret - 13 members of the family are cursed with the 12 animal spirits of the Chinese Zodiac (jyuunishi in Japanese) plus the spirit of the cat, who was, according to legend, left out of the Zodiac. When they are hugged by the opposite gender, they transform into animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Everyday is an adventure for Tohru, as she gets to know everyone in the large family better (especially Yuki and Kyo). As she starts to understand more about their heartbreaking past and interesting personality, she begins to like, then love, all of the Sohmas, and sets out to break the Zodiac curse.momiji sohma - rabbitFavorite Character: It's very difficult to choose one as there are so many lovable characters. If I really have to choose, it has to be Momiji Sohma (Ultra kawaii!! He's the rabbit of the jyuunishi.)Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com