Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gintama - I'm hooked on it!

I wish I had started watching Gintama earlier! It's so hilarious and I'm totally hooked! ('_^)Gintama is an ongoing anime series about a samurai called Sakata Gintoki, who lives in an era when samurais are no longer needed. To add to his troubles, oppressive aliens have invaded Earth . Gintoki lives with Kagura and Shinpachi, taking on all sorts of job to meet ends and pay rent. Gintoki is a Shonen at heart. No matter how broke he is, he will buy the weekly Shonen Jump.So far I've only watched 93 episodes. I'm behind by more than 30 episodes. (;_;)Crunchyroll has recently made Gintama unavailable to Asians. This situation should change in 2009. Let's hope I can start watching again tomorrow.In terms of storyline, there isn't much of it. However, the interesting characters and funny parodies more than make up for that. Most of the story arcs last about 1-2 episodes. The arc I love the most is the Benizakura arc. It lasts for 4 episodes (Episodes 58 - 61). It's full of action, humor and drama! Gintama hardly has fillers and even if there is, it's very entertaining (unlike those of Bleach).Gintoki and SadaharuAll the characters are funny and they make this anime awesome. From Gintoki, the Shonen Jump fan, to Hijikata, the Mayonnaise freak and to Sadaharu, the oversize skull-biting dog, everyone is unique and hilarious in their own way.This anime makes me laugh out loud, literally. It's truly enjoyable to watch.If you like comedy and samurai fighting, I will highly recommend Gintama. Gintama is now one of my favorite ongoing anime.ShinsengumiElizabeth and Katsura (aka Zura)Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com