Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

Today is a relaxing day for me. I spent my afternoon singing Karaoke with my friends.After that, I went to watch Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (崖の上のポニョ, Gake no Ue no Ponyo) and I like it very much. (^ω^)VThis is the latest anime movie from the veteran Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki. Among his movies, I personally like Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro the best. Though Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea may not be his best work, it's definitely worth a watch.Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea is loosely inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s 'A Little Mermaid'. Instead of a beautiful mermaid, they have a cute little goldfish, with a girl's face, who decides that she wants to be human after she is rescued by a 5 year old boy called Sousuke.This movie conveys the message of environmentalism. I like the way it shows how man pollutes the ocean and how nature decides to ‘fight’ back. Kids may not be able to understand this. That's why, it's the responsibility of parents to explain to them.Other than the beautiful hand-drawn background, characters and animation, this movie is also full of cuteness. Every movement and action of Sousuke and Ponyo simply make me go Aww... (*O*)My favorite character has to be Sousuke. He is cute, brave and sweet. No wonder Ponyo likes him so much. ^.^This anime movie is a definite must-watch for everyone who enjoys anime, cuteness and the charms of Hayao Miyazaki's works.Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com