Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring 2009 is full of Anticipations!

Spring is almost upon us! This means new anime series are going to be released! I've been looking forward to Spring 2009 since last year. Many interesting anime series will be released and I can't wait to watch them! Basing on first impression, here's the list of anime series/OAVs which interests me: 1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
First on my list is of course the highly anticipated Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The 2004 version was great and is one of my all time favorite anime series. Can Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood surpass that? We shall wait and see. By now, I think most fans should know that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a remake and not a sequel. Unlike Fullmetal Alchemist 2004, the new version will be based on the manga.Watching? Duh! Yes of course! I'm counting down to 5th April! Release date: 5th April 20092. 07-Ghost
The story revolves around Teito, a former slave with magical powers. He is taking the graduation final to become an army officer in the Barsburg Empire. He does well during the first part of the final exam, but discovers his father’s killer in his school and tries to kill him. Teito manages to escape, but later gets caught in a larger struggle between Verloren, the God of Death, and the Seven Ghosts.Watching? Yes! This looks like something I will like and enjoy. Their costume designs remind me a little of Code Geass but I think it's just a coincidence. The manga started in 2005 which means it existed before Code Geass did. Anyway, I will surely watch it!Release date: 6th April 20093. xxxholic Shunmuki and Tsubasa Shunraiki
February 17, 2009: xxxHolic Shunmuki Vol. 1March 17, 2009: Tsubasa Shunraiki Vol. 1April 17, 2009: Tsubasa Shunraiki Vol. 2May 15, 2009: xxxHolic Shunmuki Vol. 2As you can see from the picture, xxxholic and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles are finally combining forces. From what I know, the 4 volumes are highly related to one another. So far, I've watched only xxxHolic Shunmuki Vol. 1. The story and animation is good. I shall share more about it after I've finished watching all 4 volumes.Watching? Yes! I'm now waiting for Tsubasa Shunraiki Vol. 1 to be available online! I can't wait to see Fay!! 4. Pandora Hearts
The story centers around Oz Bezarius, who is an heir to one of the four great duke houses of a fantasy land. His life changes completely at his coming-of-age ceremony. For no reason, he is thrown into a prison called 'Abyss'. Then, a 'Chain', in the form of a bloodstained black rabbit, named Alice helps him escape and he gets involved with a mysterious group called Pandora.Watching? Yes! The story looks interesting and the characters look pretty cool so I will watch it!Release date: 2nd April 20095. Chi's New Address
Yea!! Chi is back! This will be a continuation to Chi's Sweet Home. It'll be called Chi's New Address!Watching? Yes! Chi is so kawaii and I can't wait to see her again!6. Eden of the East
The story begins with a missile strike against an uninhabited area of Japan, claiming no victims. This apparent terrorist act is referred to as 'Careless Monday' and disregarded by most people. Three months later, in USA, a young Japanese woman named Saki Morimi visits Washington D.C. as part of her graduation trip. When she gets into trouble, a mysterious Japanese man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, helps her through it. The man appears to have no memory and is completely naked, carrying only a gun and a cell phone stored with 8.2 billion yen in digital money.Watching? Maybe! This is an original anime story. It sounds interesting so I'll be checking it out.Release date: 9th April 20097. Saki
Saki is about a group of cute high school girls playing mahjong.Watching? Maybe! I have some friends who love to play mahjong. I am uninterested in mahjong but am forced to play with them because they are always short of one player. Hopefully this anime will get me a little more interested in mahjong.Release date: 5th April 20098. Asura Cryin'
This is a light-hearted and serious school action story which revolves around Tomoharu Natsume, who is being haunted by a ghostly girl who seems to be his childhood friend.Watching? Maybe! I like light-hearted and serious stuff. The story seems simple. I shall watch the first episode to see if it's worth the time to watch.Release date: 2nd April 20099. Rainbow - Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Set in the 1950s, the critically acclaimed story centers around six junior delinquents and their mentor at the Shounan Special Reform School near Tokyo. The story follows the boys’ lives during their time in the school and the years after they leave.Watching? Maybe! This is adapted from an award winning manga so I guess the story must be good. From the picture, this looks a dark and depressing anime. But since the title is called Rainbow, it might be motivating. I shall check it out.Release date: April 2009There are many other anime series which will be released in April 2009. Those that I've not listed means that I'll most likely not watch them.Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com