Saturday, June 6, 2009

Slam Dunk 10 Days After - Complete Edition

Slam Dunk is my favorite manga and anime! If you are a Slam Dunk fan, I'm sure you have already read the Slam Dunk 10 Days After, which was drawn on 23 chalkboards in the former campus of the now-defunct Misaki High School located in the Kanagawa Prefecture. The contents of this short story was released in the form of a cardboard set a few years ago, but it sold out almost immediately and has been a collector’s item ever since. Sadly, I did not manage to get my hands on the cardboard set. In fact, it's extremely difficult to buy and no one wants to sell it. However, I did manage to buy the 2005 February issue of SWITCH, which featured an in-depth article on the Slam Dunk 10 Days After exhibition and Inoue-sensei.
This is the cardboard set. It's rare and hard to find!
Slam Dunk 10 Days After - Complete Edition
Recently, when I was walking around Kinokuniya, I saw Slam Dunk 10 Days After - Complete Edition! I was very excited to see it and I bought it immediately. It costs me SGD 33, which is about USD 22. Though I have read all the contents in SWITCH and internet before, I think it's still a very good buy as it's Slam Dunk and the book is huge! It's about A3 size! To me, the best part of this book is the sketches of the six main characters (Sakuragi, Rukawa, Akagi, Mitsui, Ryota and Kogure). The sketches are really beautiful!! They are also big enough for you to use them as posters! Though I wish to do that, I decide not to as I can't bear to tear the book apart.
You can find these sketches in SWITCHbut in Slam Dunk 10 Days After, they come in A3 size!!
Reading Slam Dunk 10 Days After reignites my love for Slam Dunk. It has been many years since the manga has ended. I can still remember how sad I was when it ended. I love the ending but I think there's a lot of room for more story development (ie. Winter games). Ever since then, I've always been praying for Inoue-sensei to draw more Slam Dunk. I was very happy when Inoue-sensei drew Slam Dunk 10 Days After a few years ago. However, I was also sad to know that it's most likely his last Slam Dunk work. (v.v) Even now, I'm still earnestly praying that Inoue-sensei will draw more Slam Dunk! Recently, Inoue-sensei announced that he intends to end Vagabond manga in 1 - 2 years time. Hopefully, by then, his passion for drawing Slam Dunk will reignite!Other than hoping for the manga to continue, I also hope that the Inter-high games in the manga will get animated. It's a pity that the anime ended just before the Inter-high games.I ♥ Slam Dunk! I ♥ Rukawa Kaede!Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com