Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cromartie High School - Freddie!

At first sight, Cromartie High School did not seem like something I will like but I decided to watch it anyway because Freddie Mercury (lead singer of Queen) is in it! I'm glad I did as Cromartie High School is surprisingly funny! Story: (8/10) – GoodThe story follows the everyday life of Kamiyama Takashi, and his odd classmates at Cromartie High School, an infamous school for delinquents.The anime is episodic and there's not much of a plot. It starts off a bit slow, but it becomes funnier as the series continues. The deadpan humor, along with the originality of this series make it a pretty funny short series (each episode is only around 10 minutes long). Characters: (9/10) – Very GoodA gorilla! Freddie Mercury clone! A robot! What more can we ask for? The anime introduces many unique characters and Cromartie wouldn't be Cromartie without its characters.Here are some of the characters I like:Kamiyama - I love his deadpan jokes, even though it's never deliberate. LOL
Freddie - A name given to him by Kamiyama! Kamiyama certainly knows how to give names.
Hayashida - I love his purple mohawk!
Mechazawa - He's a robot but he doesn't know that he is. (How could he? It's in his name!)
Art/Animation: 8/10 – GoodThe artwork is really rough but it suits the characters as it makes them look really badass!Music: 8/10 – GoodThe OST is quite fun to listen to. I especially like a certain character's theme ^.-Enjoyment: 8/10 Good I enjoy watching the interaction between the different characters and I like the deadpan humor. However, the jokes are often repeated and this makes some episodes a little boring.Overall: 8/10 Good It's fun to watch badass looking delinquents in hilarious situations! All in all, Cromartie High School is a comedy anime worth watching.Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com