Saturday, February 20, 2010

Major! - 6th Season to debut in April 2010!

Season 1
Season 2Season 3Season 4Season 5
2010's combined 2nd/3rd issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine had announced that the 6th season of Major! It will premiere on April 3, 2010. This is great news for Major fans, like myself!Thus far, 5 seasons (a total of 129 episodes) have been made. Frankly speaking, some seasons are great but some are just mediocre. However, as a whole, Major is a good and enjoyable sports series. Also, as each season consists of only 25 - 26 episodes and there's a hiatus between seasons, the series has no fillers!Story: (8/10) – GoodThe story of Major follows the life of Honda Goro, from kindergarten to being a professional baseball player, as he seeks and overcomes various challenges in his life.What I like most about Major is the baseball action! Other than baseball action, there are also various plot twists as well as drama. However, I do not enjoy the drama portion of Major as much, as I feel that some parts are too cliche.Character: 9/10 - GreatIt's really interesting to watch how the different characters grow up and mature as a human and as a player.Here are some of the characters I like:Toshiya - He's my favorite Major character. He's intelligent and cute!!! ^-^ He's also one of the most selfless characters in the series.
Mayumura – He's my favorite pitcher in the series. (Yes, I like him more than Goro!)
Goro – He's the main character and I like him when he was young and cute. I do admire his love and passion for the game but I don't exactly like his personality now. I guess it's because I think he's too selfish!
Art/Animation: 8/10 – GoodArt is not too bad. Although the animation does get a little sloppy at times, it's certainly getting better as the series progresses. I especially like the animation effects during the games. Music: 8/10 – GoodMajor has some pretty good opening themes, which match the theme of the series very well.Enjoyment: 9/10 GreatI enjoy watching most of the baseball action. It's really exciting to watch! Even though the outcome of most of the games are predictable, the action is certainly not.Overall: 9/10 GreatIf you like sports series, I'm pretty sure you will like Major. Even if you dislike baseball, you should at least give the 1st season a try. Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com