Monday, March 1, 2010

Whistle! - Ole, Ole, Ole...

Man U won the Carling Cup! Yay! Anyway, Whistle! is the second football anime I finished watching recently. Between Whistle! and Hungry Heart Wild Striker, I prefer Whistle!. I like the characters and I also like Whistle! become of its realism, and its portrayal of how real strength is gained.Story: (8/10) – GoodWhistle! is about a boy named Kazamatsuri Shou. He transfers from Musashinomori School to Sakura Josui Junior High School for better hopes to make it into the football team, since he was not chosen as a regular at his old school due to his small stature. Other than his lack of height, Shou is also a poor player. Shou struggles to improve his skill so he can make it into the team at his new school. With the support of his new friends and teammates, his strong determination, and lots of hard work, his football skills develop rapidly and setting Shou well on his way to achieving his dream.The story is a typical underdog story. I like the realism of the story and matches. The players are all only in Junior High and it's good that they do not possess fantasy-like tactics/skills (like those Junior high students in POT!).Characters: (8/10) – GoodI love the characters! Though they are not exactly original, they are lovable! Here are some of the characters I like:Shige - In my opinion, he's the cutest and coolest in this series! He's my favorite!!
Tatsuya - I like his character development.
Seiji - I like his outgoing personality!
Special Mention:Shou - Well, he's the main character so I think I should just talk a little about him. He's a very typical underdog and I do admire his determination. However, he's too goody-two-shoes for my liking, and also, he narrates/thinks too much! It gets really irritating at times.
Art/Animation: (8/10) GoodWhistle! manga has good drawings that show the characters move around with the football during matches. However, I think the anime did not do the manga justice. The art is pretty good but the animation is just mediocre.Music: (7/10) – Fairly GoodThe opening theme, 'Double Wind' by Komukai Minako, starts with 'Ole Ole..'. It's pretty appropriate for a football anime but it somehow doesn't fit the song well. The ending theme, 'Sweet Days' by Komukai Minako, is a little better. Enjoyment: (9/10) Very Good This is quite an inspiring anime to watch. I enjoy the series so much that I went on to read the manga! Overall: (8/10) Good I personally think this is one of the better football anime. If you only want to watch 1 football anime, you should watch Whistle!. It has only 39 episodes.Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com