Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Level E - One Hell of a Troll!

Though I didn't watch many anime series from the Winter 2011 season, I shall boldly declare Level E to be THE best anime of the Winter 2011 season! I'm glad I had not read the manga before as if I had, the fun of watching this anime would be halved.Plot: (9/10) – Very GoodIn the present day, hundreds of extraterrestrial species walk the Earth. Some are pacifistic, others violent. Some are here for research purposes, others are career criminals. However, humans don't know they are here. Now, one more alien has arrived on Earth. One of the universe's foremost geniuses with a personality that's bound to attract all sorts of trouble.With only 13 episodes, they managed to put in 7 stories which are all different. Personally, I like the first story arc the best. It was very funny and one hell of a troll.Characters: (9/10) – Very GoodPrince Baka = WIN!! He's the biggest troll I've ever seen and yet I find it difficult to hate him. In fact, I find him very lovable. Another character I really like is Captain Kraft. It was a joy to see him getting tortured mentally by Prince Baka. Other than Prince Baka and Captain Kraft, there are many other likable characters like Yukitaka, the Color Rangers and etc.
Prince Baka
Captain Kraft
Art/Animation: (8/10) – GoodThough I like Togashi sensei's works (Hunter X Hunter and Level E), I have never been a fan of his art style. However, I do like his character designs in Level E. As for the animation, the animation staff did a good job animating the outer-space scenes.Music: (8/10) – GoodI'm more amazed by the Opening and Ending Themes sequences than the songs. The Opening and Ending Themes sequences are really cool and I think the songs fit the sequences well. I also enjoy the Color Ranger song by Prince Baka! ^^Enjoyment: (10/10) – GreatI was blown away by its humor, randomness and originality. It's one of the few series which made me LOL.Overall: (9/10) – Very GoodTogashi sensei is a genuis to come up with such a story but too bad he only wrote 3 volumes. It's a waste that he's on hiatus again. Will he ever finish Hunter X Hunter?Anyway, Watch it if you like humor, randomness and troll!~Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com