Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Uraboku - full of lovely bishounen!

*Warning* Shounen-ai anime!Erm... I have mixed feelings about Uraboku. There are many scenes which make me go "gyaa.." but there are also many scenes which nearly made me fall asleep. I ♥ the pairings in Uraboku as they are so lovable. Uraboku is full of different types of bishounen - pretty, cool, hot, intellectual... Though Uraboku is full of bishounen and the plot is decent, it has one flaw - slow pacing!Story: (7/10) – Fairly GoodGiou Yuki is a mysterious boy with a mysterious ability. He was found in the bushes as a baby and brought up in an orphanage. Because of this, Yuki strives for independence. The last thing he wants is to be a burden to anybody. Furthermore, when he touches others, he can feel their emotions. Unable to control his ability, he often made insensitive blunders in the past. With death threats and his abilities increasing, what will happen when a man claiming to be his older brother appears?The idea behind the plot is pretty good but I feel that the execution is lackluster and there are many parts of the story which is not well-explained. I haven't read the manga but intend to do so. I hope that the manga will give me a different opinion.Characters: (9/10) – Very GoodUraboku is full of lovely characters and lovely pairings. Here are my top 3 pairings:Hotsuma X Sensui - One is hot-headed and the other one is cool-headed. Their differences make them a very lovely pair. ♥
Senshiro X Kuroto - In the most recent issue of Pash, there's a really cute poster of Senshiro X Kuroto. You can find the other scans in my LJ. ♥
Luka X Yuki - Luka is too cool!~ I find Yuki too polite and feminine but he's very cute. ♥
Art/Animation: (7/10) – Fairly GoodThe art is beautiful but I think the characters are drawn a little too thin. I love the chibi forms of the characters. The animation is average, nothing very impressive.Music: (8/10) – GoodThe themes are not too bad and they fit the moodEnjoyment: (8/10) – GoodIf the pacing weren't so slow, I would have given a higher score for this category. I love the pairings and it's fun to see the interactions between the different characters.Overall: (8/10) – GoodThis is a pretty good shounen-ai anime. Though the pacing is a little slow, the wonderful bishounen more than made up for it.Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com