Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kuroshitsuji - one 'Hell' of a Butler!

I have finally started and finished Kuroshitsuji! I'm really glad I did. I've always wanted to watch it but I kept forgetting about it until I saw the Summer 2010 anime list and I was determined to finish Kuroshitsuji before Kuroshitsuji II starts.After watching Kuroshitsuji, I'm not exactly very excited about Kuroshitsuji II as Ciel and Sebastian are no longer the main master/butler pair. (v.v) But well, since Ciel and Sebastian will still be making appearance in Kuroshitsuji II, I'll definitely watch it!Story: (9/10) – Very GoodIn Victorian-era Europe, a young boy loses everything he once held near and dear to a vicious plot. In his moment of death, he strikes a deal with an akuma (demon). In exchange for revenge, he will give his soul to the akuma. Ciel Phantomhive is now the head of the Phantomhive Corporation, handling all business affairs as well as the underground work for the Queen of England. His new butler, Sebastian Michaelis, whose powers as a butler is only surpassed by his strength as a demon.The story follows the two along with their other servants, as they work to unravel the plot behind Ciel's parents' murder, and the horrendous tragedies that befell Ciel in the month directly after.I love the dark and anti-hero setting, but it's not all dark. It does have its comedic and light moments, especially in the first half of the series. However, when the second half of the series strayed away from the manga, the story became darker. Characters: (10/10) – AwesomeSebastian - He's the perfect personification of a demon butler, with his eloquent nature and satirical humour. I can't help but fall in love with him ♥
Ciel - So adorable!! Though he's more matured and composed than most kids his age, he can be quite a brat. But well, that's part of his charm too.
Other than the two awesome main characters, there are many great characters.Here are the other characters I like:Lau- His random appearances always amuse me.
Grell - He's annoying but yet funny at the same time.
Art/Animation: (9/10) Very GoodI love the art and character designs. I also loved the outfits because of the old Victorian era feel to them. Though Ciel is a guy, he always gets to dress up so fashionably. Kawaii~ The animation for the battle scenes are beautifully done too. Music: (9/10) – Very GoodI love the Opening theme 'Kiss of Monochrome' by SID. The two Ending themes 'I'm ALIVE!' by BECCA and 'Lacrimosa' by Kalafina are very nice too. All the themes suit the anime well. Enjoyment: (9/10) Very Good Some of the filler episodes are a little dull. Though I very much prefer the manga version of Kuroshitsuji, the anime ending is pretty good. I enjoy most of the episodes. Overall: (9/10) Very Good A cute master + awesome looking butler = WIN!Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com