Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kuroshitsuji II - full of fanservice!

Kuroshitsuji II anime has finally ended. I have very mixed feelings about the second season. There's a part of me who wished that the second season was never made as the storytelling was disappointingly mediocre. However, there's another part of me who's thankful that it was made as I managed to see the different nice poses which Sebastian made!! Anyway, according to Neowing, the DVD of Kuroshitsuji II will include unaired episodes "Ciel In Wonderland". The first part will be released on October 27th bundled with the limited edition of the DVD volume 2. I can't wait to watch it!!
Ciel in wonderland - kawaii!!~
Story: (7/10) – Fairly GoodAs mentioned in my review of Kuroshitsuji, though I very much prefer the manga to the anime, the anime ending was pretty good and I enjoyed most of the episodes in the first season. Kuroshitsuji II is a continuation of the first season and given the ending in the first season, it's never an easy task to create a second season off that.Though I think that the storyteller did a pretty good job in bridging the first and the second seasons, the pacing of the first few episodes of Kuroshitsuji II was painfully slow. It was only in the middle part of the season when many important story elements were revealed and the pace started to pick up. The important story elements are the keys to the many questions we have in our mind while watching the first few episodes but frankly, I think the animators tried too hard to keep us in suspense and it ended up hurting the pacing of the series.Also, I can't exactly say I like the ending. Though it seems like the perfect ending, I can't help but feel sorry for both Sebastian and Ciel.Characters: (8/10) – Good
*gyaaa*
pirate?! kawaii~
I still feel the same way about my Sebastian ♥ and Ciel ♥ so let's focus on the two new main characters.Claude - He looks really cool and intellectual, but, his actions during the last few episodes really turned me off.
Alois - I hated him during the first episode and I still hate him! He's the immature jerk I imagined him to be and I think he deserves his ending. However, knowing his background story, there's a small part of me who actually pities him.
Art/Animation: (9/10) Very GoodThe art and character designs are as beautiful as ever. The animators also managed to maintain the high quality of the animation. Music: (9/10) – Very GoodI love all the themes, especially the first Ending theme 'Bird' by Matsushita Yuuya. All the themes suit the anime well. Enjoyment: (9/10) Very GoodI'm giving this a high score mainly because of the fanservice! Overall: (8/10) Good If you want a good story, it's better to read the manga. As for Kuroshitsuji II, all I can say is, it is mainly about FANSERVICE!Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com