Sunday, October 3, 2010

Major Season 6 - the last Season!

The manga has finally ended after 17 years of serialization. Major Season 6 is also the last season of Major. Major was the first baseball anime I watched and it's kind of sad to see it end. This is one of the few anime where we actually get to grow up with the characters and I think this is somewhat amazing. Though the ending is kind of cliche, I think it's a pretty good end to Major.If you have also finished watching Major Season 6, I'm sure you have noticed a time skip between the last scene and the Ending Theme sequence. During the last few minutes of the last episode, the second Opening Theme of Major "Saraba Aoki Omokage" by Road of Major was playing and we got a glimpse of what happened to Goro and friends a few years later. If you want to know what happened during the time skip, you gotta read volumes 75 - 78 of the manga (volume 78 - last volume - will be released in Dec 2010 and an OVA will be bundled with it). I'm sure the OVA will show what happened during the time skip.Plot: (8/10) – GoodAs expected the entire season is on Goro's Major debut (nothing on Toshiya ) and Goro and Shimizu's romance. I think this season is slightly more entertaining than the season on Goro's Minor debut . There are some quite interesting side stories about the other characters. tooCharacters: (7/10) – Fairly GoodToshiya is still and will always be my favorite Major character!Since Toshiya hardly appeared in season 6, let's talk about the other characters. Other than those Major/Minor leaguers whom we have already seen in the previous seasons of Major, there are a few new additions in season 6. Among the new additions, I like Watts the most.
Art/Animation: (8/10) – GoodIt's amazing how they animate Goro's fast balls. It makes other pitchers' pitches look bad.Music: (9/10) – Very GoodI love the Opening theme "Kokoro e". It was the first Opening theme of Major and appropriately, it's the last Opening theme of Major too. I love both versions by Road of Major and TriPlane. They both give a different feel. I felt a little emotional when they play the second Opening Theme of Major "Saraba Aoki Omokage" by Road of Major during the last few minutes of the last episode. I love this song a lot and I think it's great that they choose to play it at the very end.Enjoyment: (8/10) – GoodAs a whole, I enjoyed Major a lot but if we are only talking about season 6 alone, it's certainly not as enjoyable as I hoped it would be. But well, some of the matches are pretty interesting and I love the last few minutes of the last episode.Overall: (8/10) – GoodOne of the longest running sports manga and anime has ended (when will it be Hajime no Ippo's turn?). Major is full of sports action, inspiring moments and drama (too much at times). This is definitely a must watch for sports anime fans!Bookmark and Share
Privacy Policy - Anime Center Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com